Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Trial by Fire

Well, here it is, ladies and gentlemen, the inaugural post of my lovely lovely blog.

Today we returned to school from our "winter break," and it was comforting in a way. I like the order of schedules and classes (even those that just entail scheduled goofing off). However, sometimes I fear that I may be a bit too embedded in the need for guidelines, especially when I begin setting up arbitrary schedules and goals for myself on my time off. What can I say, just call me Type A, I guess.

But it's a natural thing to do at New Years--setting goals. 2007's starring event will be a school sponsored trip to the UK (I will fly into Dublin on St. Patrick's Day!) and many of my resolutions centered around this (hopefully) life-changing trip.

I've always had the desire to be an extremely well-read person, but the proximity of this trip has given me something specific to reach for. You see, we will be visiting Stratford-on-Avon, and thus I have decided to take on the Bard. The master poet Himself.

So here it is, the challenge: I will read all of Shakespeare's plays before March 16th, when we depart for jolly old England. I would say I am off to a very good start, having read five plays over the last week or so, bringing my total up to 13 out of 37. We'll see how it goes from here.

Molly

4 comments:

AGM said...

go molly go!


-agm

Anonymous said...

That's the coolest thing ever...reading all of Shakespeare's plays before your trip...

Madeline said...

if only i had your drive.

emily alcatraz said...

Oh, Molly, how I love you. "Lovely lovely blog" is possibly the funniest combination of words I've ever witnessed.